Mellon Investor Services LLC, operating under the service name of BNY Mellon Shareowner Services ("BNY Mellon"), was appointed as the Paying Agent in connection with merger of Avaya with Sierra Merger Corp. The effective date of the cash merger was October 26, 2007 resulting in a cash payment of $17.50 (less applicable withholding taxes, if any) for each common share of Avaya. Avaya's common stock ceased trading on the NYSE before the commencement of trading on October 26, 2007.
The exchange of your shares is mandatory; accounts that remain outstanding will be escheated to the appropriate state jurisdiction according to their abandoned/lost property requirements schedule.
Method of Disbursement
Following the merger, shareholders of record should have received communications or a disbursement for their cash consideration. The following will describe the distributions to the Book Entry, Broker/Dealer and certificated Holder populations:
- Book Entry – a check was sent to the address of record;
- Broker/Dealer – your account was credited on October 26, 2007; and
- Certificated – a Letter of Transmittal (LOT) was sent to the address of record. The LOT should be completed and returned with physical certificate before the cash consideration will be mailed to the address of record.
How Can I Get My Disbursement?
If you have not received your cash consideration:
- For shareholders who held their shares at a broker/dealer, please contact them directly.
- For Book Entry Shareholders:
- Contact BNY Mellon directly at 1-877-296-3712. Please verify that your account information is accurate and process any account maintenance at this time. Once your account is up-to-date, please request BNY Mellon to issue you a new check.
- Visit www.bnymellon.com/shareowner/isd to review your account and process any account maintenance. An address change will prompt BNY Mellon to issue a new check to the updated address of record.
- For Certificated Shareholders:
- Contact BNY Mellon direct at 1-877-296-3712. Please verify that your account information is accurate and process any account maintenance at this time. Once your account is up-to-date, please request BNY Mellon to issue you a new LOT. Once the new LOT is received, please complete the form and return it with your physical stock certificate(s) to BNY Mellon at the address listed on the LOT.
- If you own physical certificate(s) and you cannot locate the original(s), please complete section 5 on the LOT , include the processing fee and return the executed LOT with your payment to BNY Mellon.