Investor News

Home  >  Investor News  >  News Release Details

News Release Details

View All News

Prosa Implements Avaya IP Telephony Solutions to Enhance CustomerService and Process More than 2 Million Transactions Daily

12-07-2004
  • With over 1000 end points, it's one of the largest IP telephony installations in Mexico; The solution was installed with no disruption to daily business activities

Avaya announced that Prosa, a company specialized in processing electronic transactions for point-of-sale terminals and ATMs, has implemented an Avaya IP telephony solution that enables the company to securely process over 2 million debit and credit card transactions daily.

Avaya Inc. (NYSE:AV), a leading global provider of business communications software, systems and services, today announced that Prosa, a company specialized in processing electronic transactions for point-of-sale terminals and ATMs, has implemented an Avaya IP telephony solution that enables the company to securely process over 2 million debit and credit card transactions daily.

Prosa needed a solution that could support the enormous number of simultaneous calls from various points of sale throughout Mexico. The new IP Telephony solution allows Prosa to receive calls from over 85,000 point of sale and ATM terminals throughout the country without risk of service interruption, which can cost the company up to one million pesos (US$90,000) per minute.

The IP telephony network connects more than 1,000 endpoints, making it one of the largest ever installed in Mexico. The network features solutions from the Avaya MultiVantage Communications Applications portfolio, including Avaya Communication Manager running on an Avaya S8700 Media Server, an IP software solution designed for today's multi-vendor and multi-site network environments.

IP telephony is software-based technology that uses Voice over the Internet Protocol (VoIP) to transmit voice as data over a computer network. Businesses are adopting this rapidly emerging technology — which includes features such as call forwarding, conferencing, voice messaging and other applications — to enhance the capability of their communication network and reduce costs.

The Avaya solution also features contact center applications. Prosa has a 100-seat contact center to address any authorization issues over the phone. However, of the 2 million+ daily transactions processed, only 1.5% are directed to the contact center for authorization. The remaining 98.5% of authorizations are conducted automatically.

The IP network was implemented in just three months, and with support from Avaya Global Services, the installation was done without any disruption to Prosa's daily business activities. Prosa deems this solution will enable it to stop using traditional phone lines to process transactions in the near future and instead move to an all-IP network in different markets.

"Reliability and security were critical factors in selecting the Avaya solution. We know that from the moment each transaction is processed, that the risk of any interruption in service is minimal," said José Luis Andrade, executive director of Systems for Prosa. "Both Prosa and Avaya are two companies with high standards for service and quality. We feel that the key to success of any supplier is that it not only meets our needs but that of our customers  banks and financial institutions," he added.

About Avaya
Avaya Inc. designs, builds and manages communications networks for more than one million businesses worldwide, including over 90 percent of the FORTUNE 500®. Focused on businesses large to small, Avaya is a world leader in secure and reliable Internet Protocol telephony systems and communications software applications and services.

Driving the convergence of voice and data communications with business applications — and distinguished by comprehensive worldwide services — Avaya helps customers leverage existing and new networks to achieve superior business results. For more information visit the Avaya Web site: http://www.avaya.com

Categories: Press Releases
View All News